Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

Well, it is official, I am now 50 and I can't help but feel like I am missing something, maybe I expected to suddenly be filled with wisdom, feel a new ache or pain, finally get around to having that midlife crisis that I have been putting off for a good 10 years - something, ANYTHING?!?!?!

I am in Tucumcari, NM, day two traveling back to my assignment in New Mexico.  Today I saw the most horrid thing, those cables that you see in the median of the interstate, there was a 18 wheeler that obviously was headed west on I-40 in Texas that hit the cables, bounced off the guardian concrete barrier on the other side and proceeded to take out 7 cars, one minivan, a toy hauler, and two motorcycles on both sides of the interstate.  Driving through the wreckage I never saw the pickup for the toy hauler.  The road construction this time of year is everywhere, suddenly in between dropping to 50 MPH, to a snail crawl, to 75 MPH coming into a curve was this horrific wreck and I slammed on the brakes to proceed through the carnage, I managed to drive over part of the the ladder from the Voltage Toy Hauler that only the ramp door and about 5 feet of the garage part were left recognizable, and some part off of the motorcycle that was laying in the road, no seat, back wheel just the engine and front wheel.

I guess I got my lesson for turning 50, as I looked upon the mangled parts I realized that I am alive, healthy, and employed, I truly have allot to be thankful for.  Now if I can just figure out how to get into that RV.  I did buy lottery tickets in Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico ....

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps also a reminder that life is short? Hope you can see fulfillment of your dream soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is also so true, when I was a child I used to think that 50 was ancient, now that I have made it there and I take care of patients all the time in their 90's with a high quality of life, suddenly it is not old, its just a tad over halfway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From where I am sitting, 50 is sooooo young! Happy Birthday Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi BubbayRay,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about your former co-worker who is teaching online from her rv. Does she have a blog? I'm trying to figure all this out and it would be helpful to know someone who is actually doing it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete