Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sick again

I have had this cough that was clear secretions, no fever, no chills that just would not go away.  Today I broke down and went to the local doc in the box (American Family Care) who diagnosed me with walking pneumonia.  I have always been very happy with the care I have received there, when I broke my hand they immediately referred me to an orthopedic surgeon, when I had the small bowel obstruction they referred me to a surgeon who immediately admitted me and cared for me until discharge.  Three years ago when I came home sick after 4 months in Africa they diagnosed me with a rare amoeba infection on the first visit (the doc had just returned from a missionary trip) that saved me and my insurance company a ton of money.  While there are so many doc in the boxes that are totally worthless, this one could very well have saved my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment