Monday, April 2, 2012

Back home safely in Alabama

I made it home late last night, my poor butt is so numb, 1450 miles in two days is a very fast trip!  I wanted to get home as quickly as possible because I have to report back to work on April 23.

I saw a total of 108 different RV's on my way home, I counted and as I passed them I could not help but wonder what the inside was like, would this type be a good fit for me?  I saw the small Class A pulling a car, don't think that would work out for me, three large dogs would not fit well in there.  I saw 4 different toy haulers, now that I could see myself in, room to come home and decompress from my nursing job, enough room for the dogs to run around, but just some open space.  the one thing I do not like about the Class B and smaller class A models is that there seems to be no open space whatsoever, everything just flows from one thing to another, and they seem to be too busy.  Hidden storage here and there means you have no room that is free, at least in a toy hauler you have open space in the garage, as in several you have a good amount of open space in the living room. 

I am going to drive over to Anniston on Wednesday to look at RV's, I think tomm I am going looking in Calera which is much closer.

Glad to be home for a spell

Ray

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by our blog, I just read a few of your most recent posts and this one caught my eye. We have a toy hauler for our two Harleys but I also have known several folks that got toy haulers for extra pet room. Not a bad idea. Good luck in your RV search...there are a lot of traveling nurses in RVs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am completing this assignment in July and I have rented a 5th wheel to try out how well the puppies will adjust to mobile life. I have a friend who does Electronic Health Record support who is renting me his new Raptor for a week. There are two couples here that are traveling nurses with toy haulers, one couple has two boxers that took right to the RV lifestyle, as much as mine love to ride I am betting they will love it, I will post after that adventure

      Delete