Saturday, January 28, 2012

Oklahoma City Memorial Muesum

On Thursday we stopped in Oklahoma City and went through Toby Keith's I love This Bar & Grill, Michael had the fried bologna sandwich, a 1/2" thick piece of bologna, and I had the country fried steak that was like heaven, perfect crust and so tender the fork slid right through it like a knife through hot butter.  Then we went to the Oklahoma City Memorial Museum, I have to say that is one of the best memorial museums I have been to.  Although that was 16 + years ago, they engulf you in the experience and memories so that we never forget the people who lost their life, and those who sacrificed for the greater good of others.  The chairs on the lawn were a haunting reminder of the lives that were lost that day.  The shallow water feature with just a hint of the sound of water provided the perfect peaceful area to reflect on what you saw in the museum, by the time that we left the museum I was feeling overwhelmed, while I so not think there is anything wrong with a man crying, my eyes were burning, and I felt myself trembling.  If you are ever in the area, this is a definite must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment