Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What to do, where to go?

It has been several days since I have posted anything, mainly because I have not felt really great.  Yesterday was heartburn that was almost debilitating, we went to Sips n Strokes Monday night for a painting class (and drinking), that Merlot although delicious set off my GERD to the point I had tears in my eyes!  Got to love good old BC/BS and their preexisting clause so they do not have to cover the cost of my Protinix.  I really have a hard time with how the healthcare system operates here in the USA, you can demand access to free care - just go to any emergency room, they cannot refuse to treat you, but if you are truly sick and need just medical care and prescriptions you are just crap out of luck if you do not have insurance, or qualify for Medicaid. 

Job wise time for some updates, it seems that Washington is slow for travel positions with my selected travel nurse company, there was talk of a potential position in Nevada but it got snatched up.  Now maybe Oregon, or wait until January for Washington, it is only a few weeks, and it would be nice to be in the area for the Holidays, scheduled to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at my new job, what a nice welcome aboard present!

Saturday I am planning to take a ride to Oxford and look at some RV's, if I am going to do the travel nurse thing, then I definitely will need to get into an RV or something along that line, when your home changes every 8 - 13 weeks, it would be nice to have the same place to put your underwear day after day.  I remember traveling before, waking up in a new place those first few weeks can be VERY disorienting, especially for a 2 am bathroom run.

Just talked to my recruiter, it seems that Oregon has several openings, and they have per-diem shifts available as well, some extra cash to catch up on bills, and add to the RV fund would be nice!

2 comments:

  1. Bubba Ray, I too have GERD and have found out the following;
    1. Do not eat carbohydrates and fat together (i.e. Pizza etc). I actually eat a very low carb diet.
    2. Eat smaller more frequent meals
    3. Sleep on your left side on 2 pillows or raise the head of your bed
    4. Coffee and Alcohol aggravate GERD :-(
    5. I take Dexilant 60 which has totally changed my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information, I am a Registered Nurse so I am well aware of the causes and treatment of GERD. I take protonix because on my last EGD they found severe ulcerations in my upper esophagus.

    Because I work 12 hour shifts I eat throughout the day. My only guilty pleasures are my love of coffee, and an extra good grey goose dirty martini now and then. The Merlot was the culprit of the heartburn that night, since then not a single episode thank God. Thank you for the comment and information.

    ReplyDelete