Sunday, December 11, 2011

Used RV

I wanted to go yesterday and look at some "gently used" Class C, and Class B to get a feel for the local market and what is available.  I am never really sure just what "gently used" means whether it is clothing, cars, trucks, and in this case a recreational vehicle.  While financially it does make sense in getting started to begin with a used model, I just cannot get out of my mind the sanitation aspect of a second hand RV.  Yesterday we watched "Bridesmaids" and that scene in the bathroom when Melissa McCarthy is sitting on the sink with explosive diarrhea from food poisoning was hilarious, BUT what if something similar happened in that "gently used" RV before I buy it?  What can be growing in those holding tanks, and water lines?  Will it be like buying a used car where you never know until after you have had it a few weeks if they just patched it up enough to sell it, or you found a real deal and it will suit your needs very well.

Job wise my ultimate goal is a travel assignment in Seattle, or somewhere in Washington State, my license from there should come any day (permit already in hand!), now I am in the process of obtaining Nevada and Oregon licenses as well.  It seems that although I am ready, the holidays and staffing needs in Washington are not in synch.  Before I got my license, there were positions posted everyday they called me about "if you only had your license" we could submit you to.  Now that it is getting closer to becoming a reality of leaving on a travel assignment in the next month or so I am very psyched about starting this next chapter of my life, but also the reality is starting to settle in; I will be leaving Michael, Moose, Missy, Bart, Thomas, and of course Herbert behind here in Alabama.  I am not sure who will be more miserable while I am gone, Michael or Missy.  I can see her walking around the house with that huffing bark of hers, and poor Michael who will he talk to and read trivial stuff off the internet?  I guess Skype will have to do, or Tango, either one will work well on my Ipad.  More details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment