Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saturday Feb 25, 2012

Have you ever had one of those days when you feel like somebody in one of those dumb blond jokes?  I am on call this weekend for the hospital which means I have to stay close to be able to go in within 45 minutes so I decided to explore several of the local RV dealerships.  I looked at over 40 yesterday, they do not sell new ones here, but there are a dozen lots that sell used RV's.  Some we too scary to even get close to, probably as old as I am, and nasty, but I found myself captivated by a 2007 Montana 5th wheeler so I looked it over, went inside when the salesman came in to close the sale.  I had walked through the outside and inside several times, taken multiple photos and was sitting in the recliner pondering if this would work out for me, I had laid my camera down and the overeager salesman decided to let the slide out, as the slide got almost out there was this grinding and growling noise, followed by what sounded like a horrible thud, the slide had caught my digital camera and crushed it, plus I don't think it was to healthy for the slide that was now lopsided.  Needless to say I was not amused, nor would I have bought that RV now for love or money.  The worst part is that when the slide crushed my camera, it broke the SD card, now I have lost all of my pictures.

I sure hope my lottery numbers were winners.

4 comments:

  1. I hope the dealership replaced your camera! Keep looking and you will find the perfect RV. We started with a 26 ft. Class C with a corner bed. Wanted something bigger and got a truck and 5th wheel. That was too big and prevented us from going many places. Now have a small 24 ft Class. Now we think the perfect RV would be a 26 ft. Class C with a corner bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to go back on Tuesday to speak with the owner. I am torn as to what size would be best for me. Although I will use it primarily as a residence for my travel assignments, it would be nice to have a 22 - 26 foot that I could take anywhere in between assignments. Originally I had me heart set on a 5th wheeler and I could use the truck to get back and forth to work, but with diesel prices climbing so fast that is not financially sensible. I have looked at the Leisure Time 24 foot Unity with the Murphy Bed in it, there was an amazing amount of room in there, and a huge shower. But as of yet nothing has just spoken to me saying take me home.

      Delete
  2. So tell us the part where the dealership is replacing your camera! The first rule of opening/closing slides is to make sure there is nothing in the way of the slides! Inside or out! We have a 2010 Montana and really like it, for what that's worth. You'll know when you find "the" rig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back to the dealership on Tuesday to talk with the owner. I really like the Montana, but I am still stuck on the Raptor 410LEV for a 5th wheeler because of the garage and wanting to take the puppies with me, plus the very open living room area would be perfect. The Voltage 3950 on paper looks like a very sweet vehicle, until I started reading all of the complaints of things that do not work, slides that stop working, and quality issues. I still haven't found that one that says take me home yet.

      Delete