Sunday, February 26, 2012

Contract Extension

I was asked by my current assignment to sign up for another contract of 13 weeks on Friday.  I have mixed feelings, I am sure that this would be a nice place if it ever warmed up, but the 45 minute drive to work with nothing but rocks and dead grass (what small amount there is here) is rather depressing.  The money is not bad, but there are no real social things here to do, this not like a typical assignment, although there are many traveling nurses here, there is no socializing partly because there is no corporate housing here, we are all scattered in this motel and that one, a few have RV's but they are married couples who have no interest in socializing.  I think there are two restaurants in town that have an actual liquor license, several places have beer & wine licenses, but one can only eat at Red Lobster, and an Irish Pub so many times.  I miss socialization, at least being able to at least once in awhile have a nice dinner and a good martini.

This hotel life is definitely not for me, you can only eat so many microwave meals.  This year some how, some way I have got to get myself into an RV.  Another added bonus once I get the RV is I can have the babies with me, I miss them terribly.  Off to work I go, just got called in


No comments:

Post a Comment